04 October 2006

Oh! Reminders of Home!

Oh! Pork sausage! Oh! Andre 3000! Oh! Baked beans! Oh! Old Navy T-Shirts and American accents!

Yes, last night was a good night. We joined a darts league at the pub at the British Embassy. Oh!

It was wonderful and I am glad we are going to be visiting there on a weekly basis. In addition to the pub fare and TV broadcasting music videos like aforementioned Andre 3000, the people we met on our team and the other teams were delightful. Neither of us is great at darts but I had always fancied it as my preferred bar-game and used to practice some in my parents basement so I wasn’t too bad. We played against a Turkish team and they were wonderful company and competitors. Our team did fairly well although we did lose the beer leg so we owe the other team next week. Oh! Twix candy bars!

We needed this bit of a pick-me-up because we have no toilet or floor in our bathroom as it has all been ripped up to fix a leak downstairs…and we are having to trapse between two apartments (at least in the same building) to pee and sleep and wash and eat and all that. I guess it could be worse. At least we don’t have to go outside.

We also spent the weekend in a lovely fishing village, Amasra, on the Black Sea and I will post some pictures ASAP.

No comments: